Salient Features of Premium Tatkal (PT) Quota booking on Dynamic Pricing
• New quota as Premium Tatkal (PT) Quota is being introduced by Railway with dynamic fare
• Dynamic fare stands for the fare component which may be increased with the subsequent
• Opening days booking to be allowed on/after 10:00 hrs.
• Advance Reservation Period (ARP) of Premium Tatkal ticket booking is same as Tatkal ticket
• Agents will not be allowed to book tickets in this quota.
• Dynamic fare shall be charged for confirm passengers.
• RAC/ Waitlist Ticket Booking is not allowed.
• Only E-tickets will be permitted for booking.
• I-ticket Booking is not allowed with this Quota.
• No concession shall be applicable in this Quota.
• Child passenger will be charged with full fare.
• Identity card number of the prescribed proof of identity is required at the time of booking.
At least one passenger should travel with his/her ID card in original which was used at the
time of booking.
• No refund is given to passengers in case of cancellation of confirm PT quota ticket.
• All rules for tatkal quota booking over internet is applicable to Premium Tatkal quota also.
What is premium tatkal scheme of Indian railways?
Picking it from low cost airlines fare model, Railways introduced a new ‘Premium Tatkal Scheme’ from Oct'14 which works on the principle 'More the demand, higher the price'.
Premium Tatkal tickets will be dynamically priced rising with demand and allows these tickets to be booked only online. Half the Tatkal tickets on select trains will be sold on a premium basis
Minimum premium fare = Basic train fare + Tatkal charges
Tatkal charges vary from 10 per cent to 30 per cent with an upper limit depending on the class of travel. The maximum premium is up to 30 per cent of the base fare or ₹400 (whichever is higher).
Unlike Tatkal tickets, there is no waitlisting in Premium-Tatkal tickets; this means an assured reserved berth. However, cancellations are also not allowed.
Why is it overpriced?
Because, It is a premium ticket. (That means demand is more than supply)
What are the benefits?
In short, Railways is taking the role of middlemen/tout/brokers and selling their tickets at a premium to eliminate black marketing. Growth of income to Railways is expected as a side effect.
1.12656/55 Chennai Central – Ahmedabad Navajeevan Express.
2.12661/62 Chennai Egmore – Sengottai Pothigai Express.
3.22641/42 Thiruvananthapuram Central – Shalimar Express.
1)Train No. 12723 Hyderabad-New Delhi Andhra Pradesh Express
2)Train No. 12721 Hyderabad-Hazrat Nizamuddin Dakshin Express
3)Train No.12704 Secunderabad-Howrah Falaknuma Express
4)Train No. 12785 Kacheguda-Bangalore Express
5)Train No. 12791 Secunderabad-Patna Express
6)Train No. 12728 Hyderabad-Visakhapatnam Godavari Express
7)Train No. 17230 Hyderabad-Tiruvananthapuram Sabari Express
#WR press release
·12951/52 Mumbai Central - New Delhi Rajdhani
·12953/54 Mumbai Central - Nizamuddin Delhi August Kranti Rajdhani
·12957Ahmedabad- New Delhi Swarna Jyanti Rajdhani
·12925 Bandra (T)- Amritsar Paschim Express
·12903 Mumbai Central-Amritsar Golden Temple Mail
1. 11015/16 Lokmanya Tilak Terminus-Gorakhpur Kushinagar Express
2. 12130 Azad Hind exp
3. 11093 Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus-Varanasi Mahangari Express
4. 12141 Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus-Rajendranagar (Patna) Express
5. 11077 Pune-Jammu Tawi Jhelum Express
12321 Hwh Cstm mail
12331 Himgiri exp
12345 saraighat exp
12369 kumbha exp
12842/41 Coromandel exp
12840/39 Chennai Howrah mail
12860 Gitanjali exp
12479/80 suryanagri exp
12490 dadar bikaner exp
14707 Ranakpur exp
12534/33 Pushpak exp
12541 SKD exp
11125 Indore Gwalior exp
21125 Indore Bhind exp
12451 Shram Shakti exp
12275 ald duronto
12254 Anga SF
12565 Bihar SK
12562 Swatantrata sainani exp
12554/53 Vaishali exp
13351 dhanbad allepey