A new booking system called Premium Tatkal was introduced on October 1, 2014, in which, half of the tickets on certain trains will be dynamically priced. These tickets can be purchased by passengers only online, not by out. To begin with, the Indian Railways has implemented this system for some 80 trains. The same rules apply, otherwise, for both Premium Tatkal and Tatkal tickets.
Salient Features of Premium Tatkal (PT) Quota booking on Dynamic Pricing
• New quota as Premium Tatkal (PT) Quota is being introduced by Railway with dynamic fare
• Dynamic fare stands for the fare component which may be increased with the subsequent
• Opening days booking to be allowed on/after 10:00 hrs.
• Advance Reservation Period (ARP) of Premium Tatkal ticket booking is same as Tatkal ticket
• Agents will not be allowed to book tickets in this quota.
• Dynamic fare shall be charged for confirm passengers.
• RAC/ Waitlist Ticket Booking is not allowed.
• Only E-tickets will be permitted for booking.
• I-ticket Booking is not allowed with this Quota.
• No concession shall be applicable in this Quota.
• Child passenger will be charged with full fare.
• Identity card number of the prescribed proof of identity is required at the time of booking.
At least one passenger should travel with his/her ID card in original which was used at the
time of booking.
• No refund is given to passengers in case of cancellation of confirm PT quota ticket.
• All rules for tatkal quota booking over internet is applicable to Premium Tatkal quota also.