It has been reported that travelling public are facing problems as they are unable to approach the TTEs for assistance, as they are not available on the Platform, well before the scheduled departure of the train.
The Commercial Branch of Southern Railway clarifies that in case of train originating stations, TTEs manning upper class coaches in trains will be available on the Platform one hour before the scheduled departure of the train and TTEs manning sleeper class coaches half-an-hour before the scheduled departure of the train. Similarly in case of intermediate stations, TTEs manning upper class coaches will be present at the station half-an-hour before the scheduled arrival of the train and TTEs manning sleeper class coaches will be available 15 minutes before the scheduled arrival of the train.
In case TTEs are not so available, or if passengers have any grievances in this regard, they may kindly contact the matter on the following telephone numbers:
1) Commercial Control/Headquarters 044-25350308 and 9003160995
2) Helpline number 138
3) Chennai Division 044-25354457, 9003061977
4) Thiruvananthapuram division 0471-2326484, 9567869375
5) Salem division 0427-2431010, 9600956230
6) Palakkad division 0491-2552755, 9746763956
7) Madurai division 0452-2308250, 9003862961
8) Tiruchchirappalli division 0431-2418992, 9003864966
9) Headquarters Office 044-25354405 (Officer on Special Duty to CCM)