After the most popular AC local train started recently, Western Railway has provided one more new year bonanza to its esteemed passengers, as the prestigious Shatabdi Express running between Mumbai and Ahmedabad has been given a brand new look with all refurbished coaches. It rolled out for its maiden run today i.e on 1st January, 2018 under “Project Swarn”. Special focus has been given on the enhanced travelling experience & riding comfort of our esteemed customers.
According to a press release issued by Shri Ravinder Bhakar, Chief Public Relations Officer of Western Railway, the Exteriors have been painted with dust-resistant superior finish PU paint. The retro reflective destination boards and coach numbering plates will ease out passenger woes of locating coaches in the dark. Interiors have been decorated with anti graffiti coated Designer Vinyl Wrap in the passage, entrances, toilets and ceilings and new paint coating on wall panels. All information related to safety and services available on board while travelling has been put on a single notice board for the convenience of passengers. The seating area has been made squeaky clean to given a pleasing ambience and better travelling experience. Beautiful painting and breathtaking photographs depicting monuments and cultural heritage of Maharashtra and Gujarat have been put in the seating area. A Wi-Fi based advertisement free on board free of cost entertainment system has been provided in the executive class for our esteemed passengers. The average cost of refurbishing one rake is Rs 50 lakh.
The washrooms have been fitted with luxurious bath fittings, improved design wash basins, soap and toilet paper dispensers, hygienic automatic personal seat dispensers for western toilets, auto janitors to control odour, and scrapper matting to keep floor clean. A QR code based smart feedback system has been set up to take feedback for individual coaches and toilets. A well trained staff certified by TATA Strive has been deployed on board to take care of the needs of our passengers.
Special features of the newly furbished Shatabdi Express.
1. Welcome design on doors
2. Retro reflective destination & coach number.
3. Unified Notice Board
4. Squeaky clean coaches with pleasing ambience.
5. LED lights improve the aesthetics of the coach.
6. Hygienic washable headrest covers provided for passengers
7. Food serving trolleys to keep food safe & hygienic
8. Interiors decorated with Anti Graffiti coated Designer Vinyl wraps.
9. Easy to operate vestibule doors for enhanced safety with good quality hollow mats and buffed to a high shine.
10. Theme based sceneries printed by UV technology on Aluminum Composite sheets have been put in passage.
11. QR code based feedback system has been set up.
12. On board entertainment provided free of cost.
13. Improved lightings, Designer Vinyl, Non-metallic wash basins.
14. Scrapper matting in Toilets, luxury bath fittings, better aesthetics.
15. Automatic personal seat dispenser and improved toilet paper dispenser.
16. Well trained staff to help passengers.